Here at Coombe Abbey, we take immense pride in being named as one of the top best 30 places to enjoy Afternoon Tea in the UK*, as well as the wonderful feedback we receive from guests who have enjoyed our Afternoon Tea experience.
Our Afternoon Tea Takeaway Service
Our Afternoon Tea service is up and running within our hotel once more (with all the appropriate social distancing measures in place, alongside our continuous, strict cleanliness policy) for those of you who want to dine in with us, and now, we are delighted to also be able to offer our Afternoon Tea experience as a takeaway service too.
Choose your Occasion
Perfect for special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries or simply as a well-deserved treat, our Afternoon Tea Click & Collect service has all the convenience of ordering your takeaway online, yet with added elegance…
Recent reviews from delighted Coombe Abbey Afternoon Tea fans reflect this with comments such as:
“I experienced a drive-thru in stark contrast to the scenes we’ve become accustomed to. Firstly, it wasn’t in a soulless industrial estate, but in the splendid surroundings of Coombe Abbey Hotel.”
“With 500 acres of the park to explore we found a spot to consume this elegant feast for two.”
“It’s a difficult thing to achieve, capturing the afternoon tea experience as a takeaway, especially at Coombe Abbey where the surroundings are a key part of the overall package. And yet, with the hassle-free experience of booking online, seamless collection, faultless presentation and the high standard of the product, Coombe Abbey has pulled it off. A fully-booked first Sunday, that I’m sure, will not be its last.”
Book online to collect and enjoy in the comfort of your own home, or why not take yours as a picnic in our glorious grounds?
Afternoon Tea Collection
- £20 per person
- Order for collection available 7 days a week
- Order before 5pm for collection the following day
- Safe and social distancing collection: guests drive to the turning circle for collection
A Set Menu
Our takeaway Afternoon Tea is a set menu and includes:
- Poached and flaked salmon, with lemon crème fraiche – on wholemeal bread
- Ploughman’s sandwich – on white bread, with cucumber
- Black pepper and chive cream cheese – on white bread
- Curried egg mayonnaise, baby coriander and nigella seeds – in a tomato cone
Selection of cakes:
- Jaffa cake flowerpot
- Toasted coconut and lime dome – with lime pipette
- Warm baby pear and frangipane tartlet
- Mini blueberry and lemon drizzle cake
- Freshly baked scone: With Cornish clotted cream and strawberry jam
To book, simply order online and please let us know what you think via our website and social media channels! Enjoy, and we look forward to serving you soon.
*Daily Telegraph: The 30 best places for afternoon tea