At Coombe Abbey Hotel we are committed to change and to our sustainability journey. Our operators, No Ordinary Hospitality, are continuously reviewing the impact we have as a business on the environment.
In the last 2 years, we have taken extensive measures to embrace environmental sustainability, achieving the bronze ECOsmart Greengage award. The award was given after a review of five areas of the business including energy and water conservation; waste, recycling, and plastics; rooms, consumables, and facilities management; sustainable food & beverage management; and corporate and social responsibility.
The certification recognises organisations which demonstrate a comprehensive approach to environmental sustainability within their business and who promote a green approach with their clients.
So what can you see in place now?
- Motion sensor lighting to save energy
- Refillable soap dispensers to cut down on single-use plastics
- Hybrid meeting facilities and supplies made from recycled materials
- Vegan, eco-friendly and fairtrade products are used where possible
- Chef’s choice menus to help cut down on food waste and enabling use of seasonal produce from local suppliers
- When on a multi-night stay, we service rooms after 3 days to cut down on energy when washing towels
- Digital first processes to ensure we are paperless where possible
- Takeaway afternoon tea boxes to avoid waste
- Washable linen napkins instead of disposable paper towels
- Staycation packages to keep guests on-site, reducing the need to travel
- Electric car charging points
- A green committee to ensure the hotel continues to grow
Coombe Abbey Hotel is also proud to be set within the grounds of and partners to Coombe Abbey Country park who have a dedicated wildlife conservation area.
Coombe Abbey Park is also home to Warwickshire’s largest heronry, along with many other species of wildlife who have made their home around the estate, including the lake and historic woodland, which we have a duty to protect, and we hope to see more benefits from our sustainable actions in future.
Greengage ECOsmart operates within the framework of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council, guidelines for which are determined by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.